Creating images that are

FUN. HIP. FRESH

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Giving back to those who give to us...

When I first started my business, one of the first things on my list was how I was going to give back to the community. My husband is a firefighter with Contra Costa and we suffered a devastating loss just over a year ago when we lost two firefighters from our department, Scott Desmond and Matt Burton. These men have wives and children and their families have endured a tremendous loss that very easily could have been anyone, including my husband.

As I was sitting with other wives at the funeral, images of Scott and Matt flashed across a large screen. Pictures that so vividly displayed who they were... their individual sense of humor, their love for their wives, holding their first born, and several portraits that showed their growing families over the years. That is when I realized that these pictures, these memories, are what would mean the most to me if this circumstance were my own.

It was at that moment that I decided to commit my time and talent to give back to these heroes that put their lives on the line for our community each and every day. We kiss our husbands goodbye and tell them that we love them every day that they go to work and pray that they are safe. But the truth is, the Lord can call us home at anytime. I want other firefighter families to have these moments of their lives captured forever. To always look upon them with joy and hopefully to not look upon with sorrow.

The first family that was chosen to be a part of this are some really great friends of ours. Shane is a Paramedic Firefighter within the same department as my husband. We all met in the academy and have been close ever since. We have watched their family grow from 2 to 4 and have been blessed richly by their friendship. As always, here is a look into the session...



If you would like to be considered for one of these sessions, please email me for more details.

No comments: